NWSRA and its member park districts believe that all individuals should be provided with leisure opportunities that allow for performance at their highest level of ability. Although many people achieve this through participation in an NWSRA program, others may have greater success in a park district activity. NWSRA and its member park districts work together to assess what accommodations may be provided when an individual with a disability registers for a park district program.
847-392-2848, ext. 257
Inclusion Coordinator for Elk Grove, Hoffman Estates, Rolling Meadows, Salt Creek and South Barrington
Inclusion is a process that is always ongoing and should always be part of program goals. As each individual’s needs are unique, inclusion support is customized to fit the program or service in which the individual is participating.
Support provided to the park district may include: Training and guidance of park district staff
• Adaptive equipment
• Individualized resources (Behavioral plan, visual schedule, communication board etc.)
• Regular observations
• Facilitation of personal care plans
• Placement of Inclusion Aide
1. Register for the appropriate Park District program.
2. Indicate on the registration form that accommodations maybe needed on the appropriate section of the registration form.
3. Families are encouraged to contact a member of the NWSRA inclusion team to inform them of the need for support so
advanced coordination of services can begin.
4. NWSRA will contact the family for additional information.
NWSRA was the recipient of the National Park and Recreation Association Excellence in Inclusion Award given to one agency throughout the nation that exemplifies best practices in inclusion and diversity.
NWSRA appreciates the outstanding support of its member Park Districts toward providing safe, inclusive recreational experiences